Google+ is the future of search.
If you aren’t on Google+, YOU WILL BE IRRELEVANT
If you've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for Google+ to go away, forget it.
No serious marketer can afford to ignore the implications of Google Plus and authorship.
|JUST A POST ON MY NEW BOOK LOOK AT THE ACTION!|
Link to Your ContentGoogle lets you link to other profiles, public pages, and websites you contribute to.
Link Your Content to GoogleGoogle explains how to add author information in search results.
You have three options for linking content to your Google+ profile. You can:
- Use a verified email address.
- Create a link from your webpage.
- Take the easy way out – use a plugin
If you don't want your authorship information to appear in search results, edit your profile. Under Setting, uncheck the profile discovery option “Help others discover my profile in search results”.
Benefits of authorship:
- Personal branding: The key benefit for an author is visibility within the SERPs, which helps with branding. A specialist who writes frequently on a topic will appear in multiple searches related to that topic. This builds brand awareness, familiarity, credibility, and trust.
- Increased CTR on search results: Ranking number one isn’t what it used to be. Profile images now play a significant role in determining CTR
Authorship: The First Step Toward Building Author Rank
|SHOWS HOW THE POST SPREAD|
Authorship is the first step
The goal is to have content written by authoritative authors’ rank better than content that is written by less authoritative authors.
Benefits of building author rank:
- Authors now get recognition and credit for being an authority. Author Rank builds this authority with every piece of content you create.
- In the past, creating great content was a benefit for the website or blog that it was published on – With authorship, you as an individual author will also benefit.
Trace Your Posts With RipplesRipples shows you who is sharing and re-sharing your posts most often.
Ripples visualizes sharing interaction data for your posts over time. This makes it easy to follow key influencers and learn what content is most compelling to your audience.
Ripples provides a visual guide to who has publicly shared a post or URL and the comments they’ve made.
|THE RIPPLES ON MY BOOK POST SOLD 40 copies JUST FROM THIS POST|
LINK TO MY BOOK ON AMAZON LEARN HOW TO DO THIS BOOK